Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Water in gas stove control panel, can I still use it?

I spilled water in the control panel of my gas stove (it works by turning on the gas, then it clicks until it lights). It started clicking by itself and then fire popped up under the knobs, which then was replaced by smoke. Once the smoke died down, I tried turning on one of the burners but it just caused more fire and smoking under the knobs.





Anyway I can fix this without calling someone?


Will it fix itself?


Will I be able to use it tomorrow?





Desperate for any help. Thanks.Water in gas stove control panel, can I still use it?
UN plug it, if it is plugged in, call a service tech. I would have said you could just wait for it to dry out but since you have already had a fire. call a service tech.





If it turns into a big deal, then call your homeowners insurance it should be covered as an accident.Water in gas stove control panel, can I still use it?
Turn on the Oven that will dry it out and try again. Nothing in there but a spark unit thats making the clicking noise. Dont be so scared of it.





Or you can use a fireplace ligher and light that burner with that. Then it will dry itself out.





Gas company comes out and investigates and such as problem as yours fixes it on the spot for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment