Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On my computer I click on the control panel and it does not pop up, can you help me get my control panel up?

When I click on the control panel, the whole page disappears and then it comes back up again without the control panel popping up. I have defragged and cleaned my computer, but it still wont work.On my computer I click on the control panel and it does not pop up, can you help me get my control panel up?
You can Click on Start -%26gt; Run and type ';control'; without the double quotes to get the control panel. If you want to access any particular option within the control panel you ned to type ';control %26lt;filename%26gt;.cpl'; in the run window and that will open the desired window. Refer the following link to get the information about the list of the available cpl files.


Hope this helps you.


http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Arti鈥?/a>On my computer I click on the control panel and it does not pop up, can you help me get my control panel up?
Just open any window, either a My Documents window or browser also can. Then at the Address bar, type in this, Control Panel, then press enter. This should bring you to control panel.


Hope this help.:)
First of all, what were you doing just before you clicked on the control panel? Were you running any memory intensive programs? Second, have you scanned your computer for viruses or spyware? I use AVG Antivirus (freeware). You could also purchase Norton Antivirus and run it.
I'm not exactly sure, but try Ctrl+Alt+Delete. This will give you the task manager. Under proccesses search for control panel in abbriviated form. Either proccesess or applications.
if you have windows XP i know a way that i think will work....go to START then click on ACESSORIES then click SYSTEM TOOLS then SYSTEM RESTORE....this will let you restore your computer to an earlier time as early since you first got it or your last system restore
what version of windows do you have?
in xp you can go to my computer and look in the side bar for control panel. on any version of windows you can go to the start menu (under settings in 98) and click control panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment