Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you control your anxiety without anxiety meds when it gets the best of you?

I am pregnant so no anti anxiety meds for me! I should have been on them a long time ago. Sometime my anxiety overwhelms me and I can't stop thinking about people who get to me and who slight me and do me wrong especially family. I can't let things go and obsess over them constantly. How do I calm my anxiety without meds?How do you control your anxiety without anxiety meds when it gets the best of you?
slow deep breaths with my eyes closed. i try to think positive during it and it seems to help. also chewing gum. it take my mind off of things.How do you control your anxiety without anxiety meds when it gets the best of you?
It's one of the hardest things in the world to do. I live with anxiety and it sucks. The only thing that can calm me down is very deep breathing, a quiet room and meditating with candles. It's essential you take 20 minutes out of your day to go into a quiet room and take time to listen to your body and clear your mind. It helps me to stay in a good state of mind during meditation if every time my thoughts wander, I just gently bring them back with a list of what I'm currently grateful for....sort of gets your mind off whatever you are worrying about. Remember, all decisions or thoughts you have can only be based on two things: faith or fear. I am working on operating more from faith than fear.





Do things to nuture yourself too. Fill a container with warm water with essential oils (lavender or patchouli is good for anxiety) in it and soak your feet....anything to just love yourself and calm yourself down. Your baby will thank you. When you feel anxious, so does Jr.!





I don't suggest you take Valerian Root while you are pregnant. NEVER take an herb without checking with your doctor first. They are just as potent as regular medications.





Good luck getting your head between your knees when you're pregnant. That must have been a guy who said that! lol
You can put your head between your knees whilst sitting. You can also get playdoh or a worry stone, something to carry around that will occupy your hands, and ind of get your attention on something else. I have never tried either of those ideas, but I've heard they work. I do something physical, but because of your state, you obviously can't do that. =)
Meditation, exercise, relaxing music, aromatherapy (lavender is great), candles, warm baths, massages, reading, deep breathing, accupuncture, diet, prayer, herbal tea (chamomile), warm milk with cinnamon. All these things help me.
Take valarian root. it's completely natural. Actually, Valium is made from high concentrated valarian root. You can get it at any Natural foods store.

No comments:

Post a Comment