Saturday, August 21, 2010

Have any of you used the rhythm method of birth control? If so, how successful was it?

I am planning to go off the pill after my last one this month. My husband and I aren't quite ready for children yet, but I don't want to be on the pill due to health/hormone reasons. We'd be happy either way, baby or not, right now. I'm just curious how successful others have been. Thanks!Have any of you used the rhythm method of birth control? If so, how successful was it?
my mom tried that after her first baby....now there is 7 of us. Not a very good method if trying not to conceive, because sometimes you don't know when you're ovulating or you could ovulate twice in a month. There are other methods besides the pill that's more effective. There is the sponge, diaphragm, spermicide, condom...





Here's a list of birth control methods from the FDA.





http://www.fda.gov/Fdac/features/1997/ba鈥?/a>





Hope this helps, Good Luck!Have any of you used the rhythm method of birth control? If so, how successful was it?
Medical statistics.





With no birth control 90% become pregnant in 1 year.


With rhythm method, condom, or foam; 16-18%


Combination of all 3, ~5%





Withdrawal alone ~50%
It's risky and you sort of need to plan when you have sex. LOL


You really need to know when you are ovulating or about to.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment