Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can you control dreams? Is it possible?

I keep on reading that people control thier dreams. I never could; am I supposed to? That would be cool. :)How can you control dreams? Is it possible?
While it's not a thing that is ';supposed'; to happen, you can control your dreams if you so desire. And by ';not supposed to'; I mean it's not something that is looked down upon either way. I've a close friend, graduate work in psychology that told me the most common way is to start journaling your dreams. I assume that this gives rise to consciousness of the dreaming state and soon you'll have lucid (controllable) dreams. I've had it happen on occasion without journaling, and it does seem, interestingly enough, to coincide with positive moods. Mostly flying dreams. I can control where and when I want to go. Typically flying dreams are associated with a pleasant life outside of sleep so I hear. Which explains why I don't have many flying dreams. ; - ) Anyhow, I've gotten off topic, but yes it's possible, and journaling seems to be the key.


And just as a point of interest, you may want to check out a couple of movies: Dreamscape...kinda a sci-fi/horror/suspense/thriller about lucid dreaming and being able to get into others' dreams and control them. There's also a far more intriguing movie called Waking Life that addresses that very thing, albeit only in a small part of the movie, but there are clues to how one does it. It all begins with the ability to realize one's dreaming.How can you control dreams? Is it possible?
I think it is not possible. I am not being troubled daily. I do not get dreams daily. I get good dreams about which I do not bother. But when I get horrifying dreams, I get up and take a glass of water. It takes sometime for me to get adjusted. How to avoid. I also want to know.
It's called lucid dreaming. Not everyone can do it so easily. But there is this website that can help you. First you have to induce a dream, then you have to realize it's a dream. Next, you have to ';stabilize'; the dream before it fogs up and kicks you out. Then, you can have fun in your own adventures.





http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ鈥?/a>
yes i have done this automatically since about the age of 3 that I can remember.its called Lucid dreaming. I believe you can learn to do this and there are many books and articles. Do some research. It's very handy and all my life i've used it to help me solve problems etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment