Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I remove Internet Explorer when I can't find it in the control panel?

I tried to download IE7 and it didn't work. Now I am trying to remove it and get IE6 back. I just can't find IE7 on the control panel. I assumed that it was never on here, so I tried to download it again and it said that,'; the system was already on my computer.';How can I remove Internet Explorer when I can't find it in the control panel?
There are the steps, follow the next if the problem is not solved by the first


1) run ccleaner (optional)





run the following two menus of ccleaner


cleaner %26gt; Analyze %26gt; Run Cleaner


Issues %26gt; Scan For Issues %26gt; Fix Selected Issues





2) Uninstall IE7


The IE7 uninstallation goes as follows


-enable to view hidden files


(start %26gt; control panel %26gt; Folder options %26gt; View %26gt; Show hidden files and folders %26gt; apply %26gt;ok)





-click on Start %26gt; Run


type the following (ther are additional spaces after \ to make them display on this page, you can skip them while typing)





c:\ windows\ ie7\ spuninst\ spuninst.exe


press ok, Follow the on-screen instructions, after completion double-click IE to check that IE6 is working.





3) If the browser is IE6, and still has problems then run system file checker





4) Use Firefox (optional)


http://bestofrest.blogspot.com/2006/11/c鈥?/a>


http://mypchelp.blogspot.com/2006/12/sys鈥?/a>


http://ffbrowser.blogspot.com/2006/12/fi鈥?/a>How can I remove Internet Explorer when I can't find it in the control panel?
go to windows update, its there.
This is how to remove or uninstall IE 7.0 -- you go to control panel then go to add or remove programs then look for windows internet explorer 7.0 -- click on it then hit on remove on the right side.. there would be a wizard that helps you remove IE7.0, just follow the prompts of the wizard.. when it's done it should require you to reboot your computer.. when it's back up you will automatically have IE 6.0 on your pc...





if you would like to remove IE6, you can go back to control panel, add or remove programs then click on the add/remove windows components on the left section of the add or remove programs window then uncheck Internet Explorer then hit next and finish.. that should be it...
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment